Market Development Manager – Arramara Teoranta, Ireland
The Market Development Manager reports to the Director, ASD Business Development and will work closely with the other members of the Human and Animal Wellness Division, Global Logistics Manager, Service Excellence, and the employees at the Arramara office. Primary external contacts include ASL, Arramara distributors and prospective clients.
The Key Responsibilities:
- Sell to a defined, existing customer base
- Reconnect Arramara with past customers and secure their business
- Expand the business for our animal and soils products in the territory assigned by seeking and securing unknown business and creating new business
- Research, source and secure contacts, prospects and customers
- Organize and deliver customized customer technical seminars, meeting all internal Marketing standards
- Give Marketing-approved technical presentations, utilizing in-house technical support as required
- Where appropriate and within approved COVID-19 parameters, attend relevant trade shows and industry events (on-line in the interim)
- Develop and monitor your client portfolio
- Gather data on competitors
- Know local regulations & other factors for full market analysis
- Work within sales and expense budgets
- Provide accurate, timely forecasts and reports
- Draft sales contracts for Leadership approval so you can optimize your results with regards to margin, volume and market share
- Successfully negotiate those contracts and secure the business
- Support Service Excellence Colleagues to ensure the correct processing of customer orders, logistics and payments
- Collaborate with Operations Staff to assure customer quality, specifications and regulatory needs are met
- Assist and investigate where needed to assure resolution of customer complaints
- Keep current on trends in research and developments regarding animal health as they relate to emerging opportunities for Arramara’s technologies
- Keep thorough records on customers, contacts and industry influencers
- Support corporate culture growth and development by working with management, employees and outside stakeholders in a supportive, honest and open manner. Strictly adhere to all corporate directives and policies regarding ethical behavior and integrity.
- Support the company’s vision and policies regarding Health & Safety, Corporate Culture, Environmental Management and the Progressive Excellence Program by displaying the appropriate behaviors and leadership toward meeting the company’s objectives in these areas
- Bachelor in Agricultural Science; Equivalent work and study experience will be considered on a case by case basis
- Ability to prepare budgets and forecasts
- Preference given to those who have relevant successful experience in agriculture animal nutrition sales
- Experience in the field of feed additives and specialty ingredients is beneficial;
- Experience in all livestock markets: ruminant, swine, poultry, aquaculture, etc. Equine and companion animal experience is beneficial
- Experience in the field of feed additives and specialty ingredients is beneficial
- Ability & willingness to travel (within approved COVID-19 guidelines)
- Proven ability to build relationships of trust with customers and close sales
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Abilities with spreadsheets, reports and presentation preparation
- Some knowledge of supply chain & Ireland transportation industry is helpful
- A clean Driver’s License and ability to travel (passport) is necessary
The successful Applicant will be expected to be in-market (face to face meetings with Customers and Influencers) most of the time (50% plus).
*With the current circumstance (Global Pandemic), the successful Applicant will engage more as an Omni-Channel Sales Professional and will only meet face-to-face upon approval by the COVID-19 Task Force.
If this job sounds like it was made for you, we’d like to meet you. To further explore this opportunity, just submit your application to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.