Maintenance Fitter/ Electrician – Cill Chairain, County Galway
Arramara Teoranta, Ireland’s premium seaweed processor, is located in Connemara on the West Coast in County Galway. The company has been involved in the production of quality dried seaweed since 1947. Arramara provides products for the alginate, agriculture, horticulture, and aquaculture industries. The company has a proud history of success with its dedicated staff and strong community ties.
Arramara is currently seeking a seasoned, dependable, results-driven Maintenance Fitter/Electrician to join our Maintenance Team. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with a background in electrical or mechanical maintenance who would like to stay in the area and work at a world-class production facility. To be successful, you must have excellent electrical and mechanical aptitude coupled with experience in a process plant environment. A demonstrated background in preventative maintenance and experience troubleshooting electrical/mechanical equipment is vital to elevate you as a strong candidate for this role.
While all qualified candidates are welcome to apply, there will be preference given to Irish-speaking candidates who can be a part of the local community. We believe this is a great opportunity for a candidate who would like to live in and contribute to the vitality of the West of Ireland.
The Key Technical Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Fitter/Electrician works in close collaboration with other members of the Maintenance Team and other Plant Operators to ensure the smooth operation of the plant on a continuous basis. The Maintenance Fitter/Electrician must be a self-starter who takes initiative with emphasis on both electrical and mechanical preventative maintenance.
Ultimately, the Maintenance Fitter/Electrician plays a key role in the plant’s preventative maintenance program and other maintenance activities.
More Specifically the Maintenance Fitter/Electrician:
- Maintains a high level of accuracy, precision and productivity in performing routine and repetitive tasks.
- Performs electrical repair, installation and projects as per code and procedures.
- Carries out the maintenance program, repairs and projects following the procedures, programs, policies, and company’s safety programs (individually as well as with other team members).
- Maintains good documentation of maintenance performed, spare parts used and labour hours used for each job.
- Supports other plant personnel through reporting, assisting and timely follow-ups on repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Encourages proper work ethics with all employees and contractors following company guidelines.
- Works with the Resource team to repair, maintain and improve the harvesting tools.
- Undertakes other duties and tasks as required.
- Supports the company’s vision and policies regarding Health & Safety, Corporate Culture, and Environmental Management by displaying the appropriate leadership and behaviours toward meeting the company’s objectives in these areas.
- Second Level Education – Leaving Certificate.
- Certified Electrician and/or Mechanical Certificate.
- Excellent electrical and mechanical aptitude.
- Experience in a process plant environment.
- Experience in troubleshooting electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Experience in estimating and managing projects is an asset.
- Experience in fitting and welding is an asset.
- Demonstrated planning, organizing, prioritizing and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as a team member and ability to foster collaborative relationships.
- The ability to work independently with a strong sense of personal accountability and initiative.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a challenging workload in an environment where frequent interruptions, multiple priorities, deadlines and concurrent activities occur.
- A commitment to ongoing learning and professional development.
- A commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health.
If this job sounds like it was made for you, we’d like to meet you. To further explore this opportunity, just submit your application to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We truly believe we can create a sustainable world by advancing the science of seaweed.